Next Meeting: Mon, Jan 20 2014
January 20th, 2014 NJSQL Meeting
Event Type: In-Person
Online Meeting URL: None
NJSQL January Meeting hosted at New Horizons
(1639 State Rt 10 East Rm#3, Parsippany NJ 07054)
6pm - 8:30pm
UTC : Mon, Jan 20 2014 23:00 - 01:30
Event Time : Mon, Jan 20 2014 18:00 - 20:30 (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Your Local Time: Mon, Jan 20 2014 23:00 - 01:30
Route 10 East
Parsippany, New Jersey
Direction: In the Delta Dental Building East Side of Building on First Floor, 1st Office on Left
SQL Server In-Memory OLTP (the artist feature formerly known as Prince Hekaton)
Simon Facer, PFE Microsoft
The Agenda for the presentation on SQL Server In-Memory OLTP (the artist feature formerly known as Prince Hekaton ).
· What is In-Memory OLTP (including what it isn’t)
· How to implement In-Memory OLTP, including file structures (but it’s In-Memory – what files?)
· Do I care enough about my data to want to keep it around? (Durability for data and indexes)
· Logging for In-Memory OLTP.
· I really care about my data, but I don’t want to Lock it up. (Locks and latches for In-Memory OLTP)
· How fast is this thing anyway? What performance gains can you get from In-Memory OLTP?
Simon Facer, a SQL Server PFE with Microsoft for the last 2 ½ years. I’ve been working with SQL Server, on and off, since the mid 1990’s, from SQL Server 4.21. I focus on all aspects of the core relational SQL Server engine, along with Parallel Data Warehouse (where I get to get to work with some pretty impressive hardware as well as the software). My passion at work is to help my clients understand SQL Server and its nuances, nooks and crannies, and to help them implement the right SQL Server technologies to solve their business problems in the best way possible.